Blood Test Analysis
Start: 11th March 2023 @ 09:30am
End: 12th March 2023 @ 16:30pm
AECC University College
13-15 Parkwood Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, England
This seminar is developed to support healthcare professionals, chiropractors, osteopaths, physiotherapists in developing a knowledge of common blood tests and how to analyse them and recognise significance of abnormal findings and when to act upon them.
To support healthcare professionals, chiropractors, osteopaths, physiotherapists in understanding common blood results and their significance in practice
• Understand blood test results, what they mean and when these should be taken:
• Understand the legal aspects of blood test investigation and the implications for practice.
• Explain the relevance of the results of each of the common blood tests used in practice
- Anaemia-Different types, how do we know? What is the relevance?
- Inflammatory markers
• Develop an understanding of the effects of normal ageing on blood tests and when to take action.
• Understand the difference between Anaemia of long term conditions versus acute blood loss
• Understand the significance of Hypo/hypernatraemia
• Understand the significance of hypo/hyperkalaemia
• Understand the significance of the results of blood tests for cancer markers and when and where to act on these.
Mandy Rumley-Buss – MA Interprofessional Health & Community Care, BSc Hons Nursing (Accident & Emergency),
Non Medical Prescriber
09:30-16:30 both days with 1 hour for lunch on each day
Course Contact Name