Successful Integration of the Health Professional in Sports Medicine
Start: 16th June 2018 @ 09:00am
End: 16th June 2018 @ 18:00pm
AECC University College
Parkwood Campus, Parkwood Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, England
Many have cleared the way for sports minded health professionals to be involved in sports at every level. But what does it take to get there? Where do you fit in? What do you need to know? We will discuss steps you need to take from school to the first days in your office. We will look at what you need to do to pursue and achieve your goals in sports at every level. We will examine and demonstrate the tools you need to increase your chances of becoming a successful sports health professional.
- Learn the qualifications you should have to be a sports health professional.
- Understanding where you fit into a sports medicine team. (team dependent)
- Knowing the most common conditions that you should be playing an active role in treating.
- What are the skills / techniques you need to have to be a part of a sports medicine team.
- Where does laser, instrument assisted techniques, dry needling (and more) fit in.
- Understanding responsibilities and time commitments at different levels.
- Strongly be able to contact teams / organisations with the tools you need to get involved (but what if they have a sports health professional… will be addressed too).
- Simple hands on techniques that you can start immediately.
- What you can cost effectively add to your practice to help in the treatment of athletes at all levels of competition. Non athletes too.
Course Contact Name