Royal College of Chiropractors CPD event – Listening to the Gut: The Role of the Microbiome in Inflammatory Conditions
Start: 23rd February 2019 @ 14:00pm
End: 23rd February 2019 @ 17:15pm
Ivanhoe Hotel and Inn
Belfast, Northern Ireland
This afternoon event will cover the following:
- The Microbiome—an overview of this amazing organ
- Tummy on Fire—the new science behind gut inflammation
- Getting to the root cause of symptoms—A functional medicine approach to working with clients
- Making the connection—the gut and arthritis, depression, autoimmunity, Alzheimer’s, ASD
- Whats gone wrong with the gut? How diet, lifestyle and genes influence our health
- Putting out the flames – nutritional interventions to reduce inflammation
- Building the microbiome—how to support the gut through diet, lifestyle and selective probiotics
- Understand the interplay between the gut, immune system and inflammation
- Build awareness of a functional medicine approach to addressing health issues
- Connect diet and lifestyle with common pathophysiologies of the immune system seen in clinic
- Discovering the language of connecting the diet and digestive system with health conditions
- Clear guidelines on how to build and maintain a healthy gut and reduce inflammation
Claire Clerking is a registered Nutritional Therapist. Originally from South Africa, Claire completed her diploma in nutritional therapy in London and has been practising since 2012. She has been working alongside chiropractors for 5 years, using functional medicine approach to health and well-being.
Claire’s areas of expertise include gut and related disorders, female health, autoimmunity and conditions associated with stress.
As a registered member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) the Professional Standards Council for regulation of Nutritional Therapists and the British Association of Nutritional Therapy and Applied Nutrition (BANT), Claire works to the highest standards of health care. She is also a lecturer and clinical supervisor at the College of Naturopathic Medicine in Belfast.
14.00 – Registration
14.15 – Seminar begins
17.15 – Close
RCC Members: £49.00
Online registration and payment are available at www.bit.ly/RCCevents
To register and pay via card/ bank transfer please contact the RCC directly on 0118-9469727 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please send registration forms to our address below, with cheques made payable to,
The Royal College of Chiropractors.
Cancellations: Fees will be refunded, less a £10 administration charge, for all cancellations received at least 10 days before the event.
No refunds can be given after this date.
**Please do not attend this event unless you have received confirmation of a place and joining instructions**
Course Contact Name