Royal College of Chiropractors CPD event – Chiropractic Approach to Supporting the Mother-Baby Dyad
Start: 20th October 2018 @ 09:30am
End: 20th October 2018 @ 17:00pm
Holiday Inn Leeds Wakefield
Queens Drive, Ossett, Wakefield, England
- Breastfeeding as a public health issue
- Neurological development of the sucking mechanism
- Breast vs Formula—pros and cons
- The role of MSK in breastfeeding
- Supporting mothers in their choices
- Tethered oral issues
- Frenectomy; when to recommend referral
- How to increase success with breastfeeding, and where do chiropractors fit in?
- Practical session
- Case studies and discussion
- Developing skills in assessing and managing women and babies with breastfeeding issues
- Understanding and supporting the mother-baby dyad—birth and beyond
Elisabeth owns a busy multidisciplinary clinic in Aberdeenshire. She graduated from the AECC in 1994 with a BSc (chiro) and a post graduate diploma in chiropractic (DC) in 1995. She gained an MSc in Advanced Chiropractic Paediatric Practice in 2007, also from the AECC, and is a Fellow and Director of Academic Affairs of the RCC’s Pregnancy and Paediatric Faculty.
Originally from Denmark, Elisabeth has lived in Britain since 1990. She teaches postgraduate seminars in chiropractic care of children and pregnant women. In addition, she is currently conducting research into pelvic girdle pain and outcomes of infant care, and has been instrumental in developing the new infant and child questionnaires used extensively by UK chiropractors.
9.30 – Registration
10.00 – Seminar begins
17.00 – Close
RCCPPF Member: £89
RCC Members: £99
Online registration and payment are available at www.bit.ly/RCCevents
To register and pay via card/ bank transfer please contact the RCC directly on 0118-9469727 or at: email@example.com.
Alternatively, please send registration forms to our address below, with cheques made payable to,
The Royal College of Chiropractors.
Cancellations: Fees will be refunded, less a £10 administration charge, for all cancellations received at least 10 days before the event.
No refunds can be given after this date.
**Please do not attend this event unless you have received confirmation of a place and joining instructions**
Course Contact Name