Royal College of Chiropractors CPD event – Breastfeeding – A Chiropractic Approach
Start: 10th February 2019 @ 09:00am
End: 10th February 2019 @ 13:00pm
Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport
Povey Cross Road, Gatwick, England
During this event we will review:
- The current evidence and what this means in practice
- The anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding
- Modifiable and non-modifiable factors of breastfeeding
- Tongue tie: not a black and white issue
- Feeding problems have comorbidities: how do we prioritise problems and keep babies safe?
- Cases and management: applying evidence, anatomy and physiology
- Hands on approaches
There will be a summary with Q&A: please bring cases to discuss
- Understand the role of breastfeeding in Public Health
- Working understanding of the anatomy and physiology involved in optimal breastfeeding practices.
- Practical skills in assessment and management of the infant, with particular focus on feeding difficulties
SPEAKER – Amy Miller
Amy is a full time researcher at Bournemouth University, and her current research is based in the interprofessional student-led breastfeeding clinic. She led the team who developed the UK infant questionnaire, and remains involved in the evolution and application of this tool. In both research and practice, Amy’s primary interest is infant feeding. She is passionate about translating the current evidence base for application in practice, and about the creative provision of patient-centred care.
9.00 – Registration 9.00 Registration
9.30 – Seminar begins 9.30—Seminar begins
17.00 – Close 13.00—Close
(Lunch Included Saturday only)
RCCPPF Members: £130
RCC Members: £145
Online registration and payment are available at www.bit.ly/RCCevents
To register and pay via card/ bank transfer please contact the RCC directly on 0118-9469727 or at: email@example.com.
Alternatively, please send registration forms to our address below, with cheques made payable to,
The Royal College of Chiropractors.
Cancellations: Fees will be refunded, less a £10 administration charge, for all cancellations received at least 10 days before the event.
No refunds can be given after this date.
**Please do not attend this event unless you have received confirmation of a place and joining instructions**
Course Contact Name