Researchers’ Day 2020 – Involving chiropractors in research – Drivers and Barriers?
Start: 21st May 2020 @ 09:00am
End: 21st May 2020 @ 16:30pm
Jaarbeursplein, Truus van Lierlaan 1, 3527 KZ , Utrecht, The Netherlands
Involving chiropractors in research – Drivers and Barriers?
The purpose of the Researchers’ Day (RD) is to facilitate networking and academic discussions among researchers within the chiropractic profession and clinicians with a research interest. Specifically, to inspire to new insights about how genetics impact low back pain and subgroups of patients with back pain.
A full-day seminar on knowledge transfer and involvement of clinicians in research. The morning session includes talks from four keynote speakers. First, we will explore successes and challenges in engaging chiropractors in research using Dutch and UK examples. Following, we will focus on practice-based networks as a way of engaging clinicians in research in Canada and the Netherlands. In the afternoon, challenges and potential solutions will be discussed with groups workshopping ideas and sharing experiences. Finally, four PhD student will present their work related to the theme of the day.
- Consolidated or expanded attendee networks
- New ideas and inspiration to ways of involving clinical chiropractors in research
- Inspiration to engage with research teams
- Platform presentations, group discussion, and attendee interactions
- Full day seminar (9:00-16:30)
- Researcher from the chiropractic profession
- Clinicians with an interest in research topics
How to register
The day is planned and run by
- Jonathan Field, University of Southampton & Royal College of Chiropractors, UK
- Alice Kongsted, NIKKB & University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Researchers’ Day is hosted by the European Academy of Chiropractic (EAC) Special Interests Group (SIG) in Research. The EAC SIG in Research facilitates interaction and collaboration of European researchers with a background in chiropractic. Each year the EAC SIG in Research hosts the ‘Researcher’s Day’ in conjunction with the European Chiropractors’ Union Convention. The purpose of the Researchers’ Day is to provide an opportunity for researchers to interact, learn and formulate common strategies. The Researchers’ Day is sponsored by ECCRE.
Course Contact Name
Mette Jensen Stochkendahl