Professional Confidence & Assertiveness
Start: 15th June 2019 @ 09:30am
End: 15th June 2019 @ 17:00pm
AECC University College
13-15 Parkwood Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, England
Being technically competent is not enough to ensure success as a Chiropractor. You also need to believe in your own abilities, be sure that you can deal with any situation, and be able to communicate with a patient confidently and assertively, no matter what.
This seminar teaches you the skill of professional confidence and assertiveness. It shows you that, even when you are stressed, frustrated or lacking in knowledge, you can still convey the best, most confident version of you that patients will like, trust, listen to and want to see again. By understanding and harnessing the power of the mind, you will discover how you can achieve greater patient outcomes, increase referrals and make yourself feel happier, calmer and more confident!
In this seminar, you will hear the latest ideas and research from neuro-science to help change how you think about yourself and your abilities. You will discover how the quality of your first interaction with a new patient can determine your success or failure with them. It will help you to identify where your personal and professional confidence levels are and show you effective ways to enhance them. The seminar will demonstrate how to increase your chances of getting what you want in the long-term and how you can speak confidently about anything from fees to treatment plans, even when you might not have an exact diagnosis at that very moment. It will help you recognise what limiting beliefs might be holding you back from being the best Chiropractor you can be and show you how to transform them. (You can also use the techniques on your patients who have limiting beliefs!) This seminar is, ultimately, about teaching you ways to ensure success in your life, business and practice.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the power of first impressions
- Understand how they can create a great first impression
- Realise how nerves can negatively affect the level of success they achieve at work
- Uncover what gives them confidence and what causes them to lack confidence
- Discover how to feel confident at all times
- Understand why assertiveness works and how to do it effectively
- Appreciate how limiting beliefs can hold people back from achieving success
- Understand how to transform limiting beliefs into empowering ones
Monday morning you will be able to:
- Practice the tools and techniques
- Make small changes to themselves to create a great first impression with new patients
- Adopt small changes to their behaviour to create positive outcomes
- Speak and act confidently about anything and in any situation
- Be assertive to get what they want
- Speak up to get their point across
- Turn negative outcomes into positive ones
- Transform negative beliefs into empowering ones
Jo Blakeley is the Director of Orchard Training and has spent over eight years delivering Confidence, Communication and Leadership Development training to Dental Health Professionals as well as staff at all levels in small, medium and large firms. She is an NLP Trainer (having trained with the co-creator of NLP) and an MBTI Practitioner. She is also qualified in the teaching qualification, PTLLS, Life Coaching and Hypnosis. Prior to setting up Orchard Training, Jo worked as an in-house L&D training professional at KPMG.
Course Contact Name