Start: 4th December 2020
End: 31st December 2025
Dr. Mike Marinus MsC (Paeds), M.Tech (Chiro) FRCC
Dr Marinus is a registered chiropractor with an Masters in Paediatrics from AECC as well as M.Tech in Chiropractic from University of Johannesburg, South Africa. He is currently in practice in Southampton & Godalming, UK and registered with the AHPCSA in South Africa as well as with the GCC in UK. He currently holds the position of Fellow and Chair of the Royal College of Chiropractors’ Specialist Faculty for Pregnancy and Paediatrics. He is a founder member of Paediatric Chiropractic South Africa (PCSA) and the founder of Pediatric Network which is an evidence based resource for MSK clinicians operating in the paediatric space. He has also teamed up with Dr Christian Fludder on a Chiropractic Paediatric Podcast called 2 Paed Chiros which discusses topics around chiropractic paediatric literature, conditions, assessments and techniques.
This course is aimed at those wanting to a firm grounding in their anatomical and developmental understanding of the Paediatric Skull. It is a must for those looking into cranial work.
The content is focused on five main areas
- Sutures: We cover the basic function of a sutures, methods to tell a fracture from a suture, the locations of the skull sutures as well as their ossification timelines and clinical relevance
- Fontanelles: We cover the function of the fontanelle as an entity, the locations of the skull fontanelles, their developmental trajectories and clinical relevance applicable to them
- Bones: We introduce the various bones that constitute the skull , their locations and articulations
- Foramina: We discuss the different foramina of the skull looking at location, contents and developmental trajectories.
- Abnormalities: We discuss conditions such as: Microcephaly, Macrocephaly, Craniosynostosis, Positional Plagiocephaly
For further information, please see https://courses.pediatric.network/courses/pediatric-skull
Course Contact Name