Start: 4th December 2020
End: 4th December 2021
This course is aimed at those wanting to a firm grounding in their anatomical and developmental understanding of the Paediatric Skull. It is a must for those looking into cranial work.
The content is focused on five main areas
- Sutures: We cover the basic function of a sutures, methods to tell a fracture from a suture, the locations of the skull sutures as well as their ossification timelines and clinical relevance
- Fontanelles: We cover the function of the fontanelle as an entity, the locations of the skull fontanelles, their developmental trajectories and clinical relevance applicable to them
- Bones: We introduce the various bones that constitute the skull , their locations and articulations
- Foramina: We discuss the different foramina of the skull looking at location, contents and developmental trajectories.
- Abnormalities: We discuss conditions such as: Microcephaly, Macrocephaly, Craniosynostosis, Positional Plagiocephaly
For further information, please seehttps://courses.pediatric.network/courses/pediatric-skull
Course Contact Name