Management of Disc Herniations & Soft Tissue Conditions
Start: 10th March 2018 @ 09:00am
End: 11th March 2018 @ 17:00pm
Anglo European College of Chiropractic
13-15 Parkwood Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, England
This course gives the doctor additional tools to be confident in evaluating, documenting, correcting, and rehabilitating disc and soft tissue injuries. Easy to implement with any technique or practice style.
Musculoskeletal and disc injuries include bony and soft tissue components. This course covers the neuro-muscular response to injury and provides a plan to evaluate and document neuro-muscular dysfunction. Participating doctors will receive instruction on how to accurately diagnose and restore normal muscle function using both instrument (impulse type tools and massage devices) and hands-on correction. Correction of soft tissue conditions will focus on properly stimulating proprioceptors to restore musculoskeletal function and eliminate pain. Positively stimulating the golgi tendon organs, using a tolerable force, dampens the autogenic inhibition reflex and reduces muscle tension, relieves joint stress and restores muscle power output toward normal.
This course will also cover the neuro-muscular response to disc conditions and provide protocols to evaluate and document associated musculoskeletal dysfunction. Disc decompression therapies will be applied to various patient populations. Rehabilitation protocols that promote increased joint mobility and strengthen dysfunctional muscles will be demonstrated. Outcome-based assessment tools will be utilized to document patient progress.
Educational Objectives include:
- Describe neuro-muscular physiology as it relates to disc and soft tissue injuries.
- Interpret neurological tests to determine levels of disc and soft tissue involvement.
- Assess static range of motion coupled with cross-plane evaluation.
- Analyse dynamic joint motion using outcome-based assessment.
- Interpret manual muscle testing using eccentric break testing.
- Develop muscle palpation skills and grade muscle tonicity.
- Demonstrate manual methods to reduce neuromuscular dysfunction.
- Create new memory engrams to correct chronic conditions.
Monday Morning you will be able to
- Evaluate disc and soft tissue conditions with confidence
- Document your findings more accurately
- Treat conditions successfully using tools to confirm your diagnosis and treatment progress
- Have more fun helping a greater variety of conditions
Course Contact Name