FICS MASTERCLASS – Utilizing Neuro-Orthopedic and Functional Rehabilitation to Treat Sport-Related Concussions and Head Injuries
Start: 20th August 2022 @ 16:00pm
End: 20th August 2022 @ 19:00pm
MSI Maison du Sport
International Avenue de Rhodanie 54, , Lausanne, Switzerland
Utilizing Neuro-Orthopedic and Functional Rehabilitation to Treat Sport-Related Concussions and Head Injuries
This Masterclass is been held in conjunction with the FICS ICSC Lower Extremity Seminar. Click here for more detail
ICSC Masterclass: Saturday 20 August 2022
16:00 – 19:00 – Utilizing Neuro-Orthopedic and Functional Rehabilitation to Treat Sport-Related Concussions and Head Injuries
INSTRUCTOR: CV – Dr. Erik Reis – The Neural Connection – Erchonia – UK / Dr. Erik Reis – Bio
Overall Seminar Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, and symptoms of concussions, whiplash, and sports-related head injuries.
- Examine the structural, neurological, and metabolic cascade of trauma as it relates to the brain and body.
- Share relevant research discussing neuro-orthopedic, functional neurological rehabilitation, and non-thermal low-level laser therapy.
- Adopt best practices and evidence-based assessments for diagnosing and treating utilizing evidence-based practices and low-level laser therapies.
About the Seminar
This seminar will take a deep dive into understanding the physiology, anatomy, and neurometabolic outcomes that occur with concussions, whiplash, and sports-related head injuries. The lecture will be paired with clinical examination techniques and demonstrations to give the attendees a better understanding of diagnosing and treating these debilitating conditions.
As a brain injury specialist, Dr. Erik Reis, DC, DACNB, CBIS, knows the long-term impact of TBI, concussions & whiplash, and has first-hand experience with how their influences extend far throughout the entire brain and body. Dr. Reis will guide attendees on understanding the complexities of the brain and body through scientifically proven therapies & interventions to yield maximum patient results.
Hour 1 – The Neuro-Inflammatory Cascade of Concussions, Whiplash, and Sport-Related Head Injuries – (Neuron Theory – Neuroplasticity – Autonomics – Neuro-Inflammatory Cascade)
- Discuss the etiology, pathophysiology, and symptoms of concussion, whiplash, and sport-related head injury.
- Explain modern neuron theory and how low-level laser can optimize cellular communication within the PNS/CNS.
- Conceptualize how changes in autonomic function affect the brain and body following a concussion and trauma.
- Share relevant research about the gut/brain connection and how it becomes dysfunctional following a traumatic event.
- Give an overview of the neuroinflammatory cascade of trauma and how low-level laser impacts inflammatory processes.
Hour 2 – Structure vs. Function – (Cerebellum/Cervical Spine/Proprioception/Chiropractic Medicine)
- Discuss the anatomy/physiology of the cerebellum and its integration with the cervical spine.
- Outline how cerebellar and cervical spine changes affect the brain and body following trauma.
- Explain how low-level laser therapy can optimize structural, neurological, and metabolic parameters following trauma to the brain and body.
- Create a greater understanding for providers to know how to utilize their skill set to treat complex neurological and structural cases.
- Hands-On Breakout Sessions
Hour 3 – Integration is Key – (Visual/Vestibular/Cortical System Integration)
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of the visual and vestibular systems.
- Understand how changes in the visual and vestibular system affect the brain and body following trauma.
- Share mechanisms and treatment applications for utilizing low-level laser therapy to enhance visual and vestibular integration.
- Create awareness around the modern utilization of structural, neurological, and metabolic treatment paradigms for complex cases.
- Hands-On Breakout Sessions
Accommodation: (self-book): because of the Athletissima event in Lausanne, it is recommended you make hotel reservations EARLY.
Venue: Lausanne Switzerland,
MSI Maison du Sport International Avenue de Rhodanie 54, CH-1007
The numbers are limited due to the room’s capability. Registrants attending the ICSC Lower Extremity Seminar will be given first preference. If you are not attending the Lower Extremity Seminar and would like to register your expression of interest to attend this Masterclass please email email@example.com. We will reach out to you in early August if spots are available.
Course Contact Name