Evidence Based Clinical Practice
Start: 11th October 2018 @ 10:30am
End: 13th October 2018 @ 12:30pm
AECC University College
Parkwood Campus, 13-15 Parkwood Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, England
Today’s healthcare environment is all about evidence-based practice. Do you know what this means, and perhaps more importantly, do you have the skills to carry out clinical practice based on sound research evidence? It is a fallacy that evidence-based practice is aimed at researchers. Evidence-based practice is about clinicians working in everyday routine practice, and how they can apply research evidence in the management of individual patients. You may feel intimidated by the vast amount of new research evidence and the new ways in which it is being reported such as systematic reviews and clinical guidelines. This is your opportunity to get to grips with evidence-based practice at the level that is meaningful and relevant to you as a practising chiropractor.
This course will cover:
- Understanding the principles of evidence-based practice and how these are translated into your clinical practice at the level of individual patients.
- Finding useful information from the research literature to answer a clinical question about one of your patients.
- Reading research papers and making sense of them.
- Transferring research findings (evidence) out of the research setting and into your own clinical practice.
- Applying research evidence to solve a clinical problem about one of your patients.
This course is all about bridging the gap between research and clinical practice, the quintessential leap that is evidence-based practice in the modern healthcare environment.
Course Contact Name