Active Release Techniques® Nerve Seminar
Start: 18th November 2021 @ 07:30am
End: 21st November 2021 @ 12:00pm
Novotel London West Hotel - Beaujolais Conference Room
1 Shortlands, Hammersmith, London, England
Active Release Techniques® Nerve Seminar offers advanced training in 90 manual treatment protocols pertaining to local, terminal, and long tract nerve entrapments. Completion of the Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, and Spine Level 1 seminars (or Full Body Level 1) is a prerequisite for the Nerve seminar.
This seminar is taught in-person and is almost entirely “hands-on.” We offer a small student-to-instructor ratio to ensure quality education. Providers learn and practice manual palpation and treatment modalities to diagnose and treat nerve entrapments, neuropathies, and associated disorders. Evaluation and treatment occur simultaneously.
After completing our Nerve seminar, you will be able to explain neural pathologies to your patients and identify nerve entrapments via differential palpation. Additionally, you will be able to free identified nerve entrapments, which facilitates healing of the nerve by releasing surrounding tissue and facilitating nerve slide via ART protocols and methods.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to do the following, which will be proven and documented via written test (WT) or practical test (PT):
- Identify and define the 3 types of nerve injuries (WT)
- Identify and define the effect of compression on nerve function (WT)
- Identify and define the 3 types of nerve entrapments (WT)
- Palpate the nerves of the brachial plexus, as well as their branches (PT)
- Use Active Release Techniques® to free the nerves from their entrapment sites by softening the soft tissues around it and facilitating nerve slide via Active Release Techniques® (PT)
- Palpate the nerves of the lumbosacral plexus, as well as their branches (PT)
- Use Active Release Techniques® to free the nerves of the sacral plexus, and its branches, from their entrapment sites by softening the soft tissues around it and facilitating nerve slide via Active Release Techniques® (PT)
- Thursday, November 18 7:30am registration; 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday, November 19: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, November 20: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Sunday, November 21: 7:30am to 12:00pm *
*Testing occurs in 20-minute increments between 7:30am and 12pm (please plan travel accordingly)
What to Expect
- 80% hands-on, 20% lecture
- Casual and comfortable dress attire (may require removal of clothing for targeted areas)
- Please bring your portable chiropractic table for a chance to win a raffle for a $300 course credit!
- Lunch break approximately one hour, near noon (at instructor discretion) as well as two 15-minute breaks (snacks will be provided)
Course Contact Name