Dr Carlo Rinaudo – the Neuro Guy – vestibular neuro-rehabilitation
Carlo Rinaudo is a registered Chiropractor with post-graduate training in Functional Neuro-Rehabilitation (Functional Neurology). Dr Rinaudo is the clinic director of a multidisciplined clinic, focused on helping people with dizziness and balance related conditions. He is currently undertaking a PhD in Vestibular (balance) therapy at University of New South Wales and Neuroscience Research Australia (www.NeuRA.edu.au), working alongside leading researchers and Neurologist in the field. He frequently lectures on clinical neuroscience and vestibular rehabilitation across the world, as well as on scientific forums
Dr Ulrik Sandstrøm – the Ortho Guy – functional orthopaedic rehabilitation
Ulrik Sandstrom is in his 9th season as 1st team chiropractor at Leicester Tigers Rugby Club and has worked with a large range of elite athletes from UK Athletics, Chelsea FC, Derby County FC, England Rugby, GB Basketball, GB Swimming. He was selected to work at the Polyclinic in the Stratford Athletes Village during the 2012 London as well as the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. He lectures nationally and internationally and runs regular courses in Functional Muscle Testing and Functional Taping. He has a keen interest in patient education and communication and its effect on treatment outcomes. Apart from his many sports and lecture commitments he runs private practices in Sheffield and Mansfield
Is this seminar for you?
– You’re a primary healthcare practitioner (Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Osteopath)
who is looking at improving your competency in understanding, assessing and managing patients with cervicogenic conditions, like whiplash, dizziness, concussion and chronic pain disorders
– It’s suited to all practitioners, irrespective of experience and levels of orthopaedic and neurological rehabilitation training. It will enhance your current techniques with evidence-based and clinically
relevant protocols, aimed at improving your patient outcomes.
– Enjoy a mixing of lecture content with hands-on practical workshops with two dynamic and experienced presenters in the field. You’ll be provided a copy of the lecture notes and clinic forms, along with the clinical reasoning to make a difference in your practice.
What will you learn?
– The neurophysiology connecting the cervical spine with the vestibular system, eye movements, balance and spinal control
– An understanding of the link between common symptoms including dizziness, poor balance, neck pain, nausea and poor eye movements, helping you identify a sensorimotor dysfunction.
– Appreciate the overlap between whiplash and concussion from a neuro-vestibular position, so you can identify it easier in your patients.
– Assess and manage cervical joint dysfunction using low-tech and validated tools, giving you accuracy
and confi dence in better outcomes.
– The musculo-skeletal involvement with cervical joint dysfunction, including the upper trunk and shoulders.
– Appreciate the common peripheral nerve injuries that follow whiplash and concussion injuries, especially
from sporting injuries.
– Learn proven assessment and management strategies including taping and contemporary proprioceptive
– Learn the art and science of functional muscle testing and how it can provide an immediate bio-feedback
to your patients therapy and guide you in your decision making.
Prices (in Norwegian Krone)
||EarlyBird (ends May 11)