National Association Membership of the ECU
Membership of the ECU is open to one properly-constituted national chiropractors’ association per European country. The ECU Constitution states that national associations shall require all full members to be graduates of CCEI-accredited chiropractic educational institutions. All ECU Members shall have three or more full members who are in residence and practice in that country.
Applications for full ECU Member status are welcomed from all European countries which fulfil the criteria. The application should be in the form of a formal letter addressed to the President of the ECU and it should provide the following information:
- The name and country of the applying association
- Details of the principal officers of the association and administrative headquarters
- The number of members in the national association and formal confirmation that they are all graduates of a CCEI or CC-US accredited chiropractic institution
- A copy of the statutes or constitution and any bylaws currently in force
- A copy of the code of ethics.
The letter and supporting information should be sent to the ECU Secretary General at the following email address: email@example.com. The documentation shall then be assessed and the application shall be placed before the General Council for voting on its acceptance.