2021: Global Year About Back Pain
The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) has declared 2021 the Global Year About Back Pain.
The aim of the Global Year is to help clinicians, scientists, those living with pain, and the public understand the nature of back pain and the treatments available. The IASP is making available a variety of free resources – including fact sheets, webinars and publications – to help lead to better patient outcomes.
- A variety of factsheets are planned, and the following have already been published:
- The Global Burden of Low Back Pain
- Neurobiological Mechanisms Contributing to Back Pain
- Environmental Contributors to Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Approach to Activity, Biomechanical Loads and Flare-ups of Back Pain
- Pathophysiological Assessment of Back Pain
- Low Back Pain in Childhood and Adolescence
- Back Pain in the Workplace
You can access all of these free resources and more at https://www.iasp-pain.org/GlobalYear