Call For Papers
The European Academy of Chiropractic (EAC) and the Organizing Committee would like to invite interested individuals and research institutions to submit original research papers for presentation during the ECU 2012 Convention.
Accepted papers will be divided into two categories:
- Oral (10 minutes platform presentations during the plenary sessions), and
- Poster presentations (displayed in the exhibition area during the days of the convention)
Deadline for submissions: 15 March 2012
Papers should be submitted electronically to:
ECU Convention Administrative Organizer
Guidelines for submissions:
- Submitted abstracts should include title, author(s), introduction, methods, results, discussion and conclusion.
- The length of the abstracts should be a minimum of 500 words plus references.
- Authors should be mentioned with their degrees and institution/work situation, specifying the presenting author with his contact details.
- Only one presenting author for each paper will be allowed. The presenter can only be one of the authors.
- Each prospective presenter may submit and present a maximum of two papers, but can be mentioned as co-author of other papers.
- Scheduling of all presentations will be determined by the Convention Organizer to ensure best fit within the overall program.
- All papers will be reviewed by two blinded reviewers.
- Accepted papers will be included in the Convention Proceedings, available at the time of the convention.
- Posters sized 120X90 cm (height/width) should be prepared and provided by the authors to the convention secretariat the day before the convention
- Keeping in line with the ECU Convention policy, fee, honorarium or expense payment will not be provided for the presenters.
- Presenters of accepted papers will have to register for the convention, at a reduced registration fee of 1st year Graduate Fee. (You will be sent a code to register at the reduced rate once your paper has been accepted. Please do not register before acceptance of your paper.)
PLEASE NOTE: All accepted papers will also be published online by Chiropractic and Manual Therapies (C&MT). Please see the requirements for submitted papers here
Accepted papers, which display all results at the time of submission of the abstract, are eligible for the Jean Robert Research Prize, as follows:
- First Prize………………………………………..€2000,00
- Second Prize……………………………………€1000,00
This will be judged by a convention research committee, appointed by the ECU Research Council. Winning one of the research prizes is not automatically linked to publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
Presenters are kindly requested to devote at least one slide of their presentation on the relevance of their research to clinical practice.
For further information please contact:
Vassilis Maltezopoulos DC, MD, FFEACECU Convention Academic Organiser
ECU 2011 Convention Jean-Robert Research Prize Winners:
Title: Recovery of patients undergoing chiropractic treatment for neck pain with and without arm pain.
Authors: Kim Humphreys, Cynthia Peterson and Jennifer Bolton
Best Experimental Research Paper
Title: On the relationship between pain intensity and postural sway in non-specific low back pain sufferers.
Authors: Alexander Ruhe, René Fejer, Bruce Walker
Best New Researchers’ Paper
Title: Outcomes of patients with MRI confirmed symptomatic lumbar disc herniations receiving spinal manipulative therapy: a prospective observational cohort study with long term follow-up.
Authors: Serafin Leeman, Cynthia Peterson, Kim Humphreys, Christoph Schmid and Bernard Anklin.